Sunday, December 19, 2010

On the tenth day of Solstice, my Thelma gave to me

Well actually Lori at My Kitchen Robot gave me this idea. At her house on Friday she had a tea that had been gifted to her - a lovely coconut chai. It was delicious and I was inspired to make my next one coconut flavoured! Here's the recipe:
Coconut chai for 2
1/2 quill of cinnamon
0.5cm piece of ginger (or a small amount of ginger in a jar)
2 cardamom pods
3 cloves
A few gratings of nutmeg
3 peppercorns
2tsp black tea leaves
1T coconut shards or pieces or similar (not dessicated)
1tsp raw sugar
300g water
200g milk

Put the spices (not the nutmeg) and sugar, and half of the coconut into the bowl and process for 10-15 seconds at speed 8. Add the water and milk into the bowl. Insert the bowl and put the tea and the coconut into the bowl. Cook for 8 minutes on speed 4 at 80C only. Taste and adjust the sweetness with honey if you like, before serving!

No comments:

Post a Comment