Saturday, October 23, 2010

And on Saturday we...

Baked: bread is a'rising right now. I used my standard recipe from the breadmaker days - heh that'd be last weekend as the breadmaker bit the dust on Sunday night! and I needed to add an extra 20g of flour to get it to come together as a ball in the TMX. So my bread recipe is:
Bread recipe #1
240g water
370g breadmix
1tsp plus a pinch of yeast
15g olive oil
pinch of salt

Add ingredients in that order to the Tmx bowl. Process on speed 7 for 5 seconds. Lock lid and knead for 90 seconds. Turn out dough and wrap it in a silicone mat, eaving it for 20-30 minutes. Shape, brush with water, and put in a cold oven at 180C for 25 minutes.
Breakfasted: This morning TheHusband made himself steelcut oats and shared the recipe as well:
Steelcut oats
1/3rd C steelcut oats
1C water
1 pinch of salt

Put these in the bowl and cook at Varoma temperature for 20 minutes on speed 4 on reverse. Enjoy.
Icecreamed: And I just whipped the icecream that I made the other day, a la EDC, so that we can have it for dessert tonight. It doesn't make very much in the end does it? 500g of icecream isn't 500mL even, so the L tub I had was a little bare. I made it with some AMAZING vanilla from Vanilla Online so it has little caviar running around in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment