Monday, October 11, 2010

Joining the club

On the weekend we decided to buy a Thermomix. They cost roughly $2k and despite being offered a bit of a deal by buying it at the Good Food and Wine Show it's still a lot of cash to drop on a piece of kitchenware.

Why did we buy? Cause it is a "we" purchase, not just something I wanted or TheHusband purchased.
  1. We live in a normal size house with 4 adults and a child.
  2. Kitchen space is at a premium.
  3. I got a return-to-work bonus and wanted to do something else with it other than pay bills.
  4. There are so many things I want to do with it!!!!
  5. It will save us money and time and dishes and effort.
  6. We eat from scratch much of the time and this will expand our cooking adventures!
  7. We own a LOT of appliances and this means tossing a few!
  8. We are thinking of emigrating in a year or so and we would only take this with us.
  9. I am looking forward to working with a really good-quality, purpose-built, well-designed, powerful and reliable tool.
  10. We make lots of things from scratch but still buy flour and dips and drinks and things and there is so much I don't know about that food and how it's made.
The worst part is the time between purchase and receipt!!! I can't wait!!!! In the waiting time, I've made a list of things that we're getting rid of, and have bought new spices.

Now to decide what the first thing I make in it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment