Monday, October 25, 2010

The hardest thing about using a Thermomix for making dinner...

is that everything in the Thermocauldron takes minutes and it takes an hour to bake the lasagne.

Tonight I made bechemal sauce. It took 7 minutes. 8 if you count from wo to go and weighing. It is like a plain custard and is just as good.

Yes, I did eat some out of the jug with a spoon.

I made bread this morning and well. It is delicious and I got a loaf and 8 rolls out of the batch. This is way too much for my little family atm so I will halve the recipe next time.

1 comment:

  1. I find if I knead the dough for about 7 minutes, it works much better.

    Also, add 1 1/2 tsp of Bread Improver helps make a better loaf.

    The ratio of water to flour that I work with is 5:3. This has really worked for me, though it is quite a sloppy dough!

    ReplyDelete