Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oh Thelma! You came and you made me a coffee...

Thelma arrived last night. My demonstrator is awesome, walked me through the first angst at maybe breaking/scratching/ruining it meal which we shared with TheSister and TheHouseguest. I made spinach risotto and it was so yummy that it got yummed up straight away. It fed 4 hungry souls and is out of the Everyday Cookbook so I won't repost here.

I took TheSister home, ran some errands, put the babe to bed and then made lemon custard. Which was yum as well. Also from the EDC. Also yummed up.

This morning I've made porridge (half serve from EDC - works great!) and coffee. My own invention. Less than 24 hours and I have invented a recipe! I'm sure it's been done before but hey, I thought about it and applied it to the TMX so gold star to me.
Coffee for one
1 scoop ground coffee*
100g water
100g milk

Put into the TMX, close lid, put in the measuring cup (MC)**.
Cook for 7 minutes on speed 4 at 80C.
Raise to speed 8 for 20 seconds.
Strain well through a fine seive and serve.
I can't see why this wouldn't be able to be multiplied for more people so coffee at my place?

* The same amount you'd use if you were making plunger coffee. You can grind your own - 1T coffee beans, speed 8, 20-30 seconds.
** That's kind of the Thermomix equivalent of any knitting pattern that says "Join in the round, taking care not to twist", isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment