Monday, October 18, 2010

Today's the big day!

I wish I felt half as excited as that post title suggests. My dealer Thermomix consultant tells me that my package is on the truck with the delivery driver today. I have had very little unbroken sleep and am enthusiastic on the outside but inside I'm half-asleep still. This is fairly normal at Chez Someone though as we have a small person in our lives. I'm told the sleep thing passes after a few years.

Anyway, Thelma arrives today! My Thermomix has told me she wants to be named Thelma. Which to me isn't a very feminine name but more of a tall, broadshouldered, large handed, no nonsense kind of woman who would just as soon as help you with scones as help you break up a stump. It's apparently unusual to name a Thermomix with a woman's name though - most of those that get named are with male names, like Robbie the Robot. But Thelma it is.

I've been thinking of things to make - liqueurs, soups, drinking chocolate (which is ironic as I don't like chocolate), spice rubs, salts and herb mixes. And with Giftmas around the corner, perhaps some hampers for those that we will see? Hrmmm...

We are planning a trip away though somewhere, some time before December as we can't take leave that month, and for once I don't give a hoot about cooking facilities as we'll be taking Thelma with us! I wonder how to get a bag for her?

No comments:

Post a Comment