Friday, October 29, 2010

I have lemons, lovely lemons...

And what does one do with lemons when one has them? I picked a heap of a friend's tree the other day and now I need to do things with them.

There are two parts to a lemon of course - the zesty goodness and the juice/flesh. So I think I'll do something with both. That means making limoncello and lemon cordial I think! Or maybe orange-lemon cordial?

TheHusband test drove the chicken and cashew recipe EDC tonight. Nothing exciting to be honest but some great techniques there for making rice and using the Varoma.

3 comments:

  1. Must give you my lemon & gin sorbet recipe. Oh wait, here it is:

    - 4 lemons. Wash and zest them.
    - 1 cup of sugar.
    - 450 mls water.
    - 3 shots gin (I use bombay sapph).

    Put zest, sugar and water in saucepan, simmer and stir until sugar dissolves.

    Meanwhile, squeeze lemons. Strain the juice, and put the gin into it.

    Cool the sugar / zest mixture in the fridge. When cold, add the gin / lemon juice mix to it.

    Shove the whole thing into and ice cream machine. Alternately, into a container in the fridge, and stir it every half hour or hour or so for the first few hours until set.

    Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe! I detest gin after a certain PCP experience, but could use vodka. And a Thermomix is the smallest kitchen you'll ever see - have a look at the links on the side.

    ReplyDelete